If you think you or someone you know has been bullied or harassed there is a lot of support available within the University and externally. Talking things through with someone you trust such as a friend, relative or colleague can sometimes help. 

If there is an immediate danger call 999 (or 112 from a mobile). If you are on campus, you can request support from Security by calling 0141 848 3505 (all Scottish campuses) and 0141 848 3047 (for London), or use the SafeZone app. The SafeZone app enables users to call for help and assistance, giving students and staff fast access to security whenever and wherever you are on campus. You can download the SafeZone app by clicking here.

University support for students and staff
  • UWS Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team can be contacted via email at equality@uws.ac.uk. The team provides advice, support and guidance on equality, diversity and inclusion related issues to students, academic advisers and other staff in student-supporting roles. 
  • The University's Mediation Service offers an alternative dispute resolution approach; it is confidential and can help resolve a disagreement or conflict, with a colleague in the workplace or a fellow student. 
University support for students
  • The Hub is the first point of contact for support or questions that you may have during your student journey at UWS. There’s a Hub on every campus and online information and guidance can be accessed by clicking here. The Hub offers support and advice on issues affecting your student life, with signposting and referral to more specialist services. If you're not sure where to go, this is a good place to start. 
  • The University's Counselling Service provides confidential support via a team of professional counsellors. This service is available to all UWS students. You can make an appointment by contacting hub@uws.ac.uk
  • UWS Union Advice Service is a free confidential, impartial service where students can get advice and information on academic and personal issues, including advice on academic appeals and representation at hearings.  The Advice Service is also a hate crime reporting centre.
  • Personal Tutors. If you are a student you can talk to your personal tutor if you have concerns that are affecting either your course or within your personal life. If you do not know who your personal tutor is, you can find out by logging into Self Service Banner and clicking on 'personal tutor' from the menu. 
  • Residence Life Team. If you are a student living in student accommodation you can access support from the Res Life Team by calling Paisley 0141 848 3159 or Ayr 01292 886316, or emailing accommodation@uws.ac.uk. The team can be an important source of guidance and support for students. 
  • Extenuating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened you can consider applying for extenuating circumstances. You can speak to your personal tutor if you have any questions or speak to a member of staff at The Hub.   You can also get advice on the process from the Advice Centre in the Union
University support for staff
  • People & Organisational Development. Your HR Business Partner will be able to provide guidance and identify the support that’s available for you. You can email the team by clicking here
  • Health Assured is the University’s employee assistance programme, a confidential helpline that is available 24 hours a day for staff and their immediate family. You can access full details of how to get in touch on the staff hub
  • Occupational Health is a service aimed at promoting and maintaining optimum health and can support you with any specific concerns you may have about your health and its impact on your wellbeing and role.  You can access full details of how to get in touch on the staff hub
Other sources of support
If you would like to submit information on a support service that you think might help others, please contact us with details by using the Talk To Us link in the top right-hand corner of this page (opens new email message window).  

Go to:

There are two ways you can tell us what happened